These include individual and corporate consumers' surveys, manufacturer surveys, wholesalers, distributors and retailer surveys. These surveys are conducted to analyze various aspects of the market for different goods & services. The aspects usually include:
- Determination of market size.
- Trends in market growth.
- Market segmentation.
- Customer behavior.
- Competition & SWOT analysis.
- Product/service based aspects.
The overall results of the analyses, among other things, lead to:
- Developing marketing strategies for existing or new products or services.
- Supporting product pricing and positioning decisions.
- Techno-economic feasibility studies.